Focus and Scope
The Rajagiri Journal of Social Development publishes original articles on the theme of social development — on theoretical or field based topics related to social development, social issues, or programmes of development. Shorter papers on development initiatives or anecdotes of social intervention “from the field” are also welcome. Articles will be accepted for publication on the recommendation of peer-referees.
The journal has the following specific objectives:
- Contributing to professionalism in social development through publication of indigenous theoretical and empirical material on relevant issues and action programmes concerning social development.
- Providing a forum for professionals and practitioners to engage with debates and issues on social development activities and documentation of their field experiences, and
- Encouraging educators and academics to produce field-related publications to strengthen their linkage and interaction with the field level workers.
Rajagiri Journal of Social Development is a peer-reviewed bi-annual online journal. Articles are made available as soon as they are ready to ensure that there are no unnecessary delays in getting content publicly available. RJSD publishes original articles on the theme of social development on theoretical or field-based topics related to social development, social issues or programmes of development.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge. There is no embargo on the journal’s publications. Submission and acceptance dates, along with publication dates, are made available on the PDF format for each paper.
Authors of articles published remain the copyright holders and grant third parties the right to use, reproduce, and share the article according to the Creative Commons license agreement.
Authors are encouraged to publish their data in recommended repositories. For a list of generic and subject-specific repositories that meet our peer review criteria, visit the Open Access Directory or datacite.org.
Furhtermore, Rajagiri Journal of Social Development is indexed by
- EBSCO-Sociology Source Ultimate Database
- Proquest Social Science Premium Collection
- ProQuest Social Science
- Proquest Sociology Collection
- Proquest SciTech Premium Collection
- Proquest central student
- ProQuest Central
- ProQuest database products of Indian Journals